Rob Weber is Founding Partner of Great North Labs, an early stage venture fund focused on helping founders launch and scale companies in the Midwest/Great Lakes region of America. Prior to Great North Labs, Rob co-founded NativeX (formerly named W3i/Freeze.com) in 2000. Rob has been a successful entrepreneur since the age of 16 when he, along with his brothers, launched their first e-marketing business. By the age of 20 the Weber brothers had turned their basement endeavors into a multi-million dollar business, and Rob became CEO. He saw the enormous potential in advertiser-sponsored content and pivoted the company to capitalize on this trend.
In 2006, Rob shared the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award with his twin brother, and business partner, Ryan Weber. Rob was also named to the 2007 Inc. 5,000 CEO’s Under 30 list.
Rob received his B.S. in Entrepreneurship from St. Cloud State University. He is a Board Member of nativeX and is a private angel investor in a number of digital entertainment, e-commerce, and B2B software start-ups. Rob enjoys sharing his passion for the Internet and entrepreneurship with students at St. Cloud State University and other youth-mentoring venues. Rob also previously served on the Board of Directors for Minne*, the 10,000+ member community of Minnesota tech enthusiasts.
Recent Speaking Gigs
- GamesBeat 2014- “Data Science, the Latest Weapon in Mobile Monetization“
- Casual Connect USA 2014- “Increasing In-App Revenue with Metric Driven Design and Emotional Targeting“
- Mobcon 2013- “What’s New in the Mobile Ad World”
- GMIC Silicon Valley 2013- “User Acquisition & Monetization 2.0: what you need to know for 2014“
- AnDevCon (SD Times) Virtual Conference- “In-App Purchases”
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2013- “Native Advertising and Generating Game Revenue“
- SES San Francisco 2012- “App Analytics: Proving the Value of Your App“
- GAMESBEAT 2012- “App User Acquisition Today & Tomorrow – Where is it all headed?” (panel)
- MOBILEBEAT 2012- “Fireside Chat: Designing for Monetization in Mobile Apps“
- APPNATION III 2011- “Rants From Top-Grossing Mobile Developers: What Keeps Us Up At Night?” (moderated panel)
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2011- “Why The Freemium Model is Kicking A$$”
- APPNATION I 2011- “The Art of Freemium: Mastering the Upsell To Drive Monetization & Customer Value”
- iPhone/iPad DevCon East 2011- “Growing Your iPhone/iPad App Business”
- Game Developers Conference Online (GDCO) 2011- “Growing Your Game Business the Dolphin Way”
For an additional info on me, check out my LinkedIn profile.